current state of mind: completely overwhelmed
So how do I get back to the good times?
And how do I see you in a new light?
Because the harder I try,
The less we feel right for each other
~ “Last Breath” by Plain White T’s
It is time to charge my Bluetooth earpiece. I have scheduled my 45 minute phone interview with Team 3 of the VIVOS Selection Committee. I am expecting them to ring me on Saturday, March 3,, 2012 – at 1:00pm. There were a LOT of interview times available making me think that perhaps I am not in as exclusive of a group as I had imagined; or maybe so few people are selected that their availability is reflecting that fact.
I am really nervous about this stage of the process. In fact, I am going to be completely candid and share the fact that I am more nervous about this interview than I am about the catastrophic event which may have me living underground with the wonderful people of VIVOS. Here are a few of my concerns:
- What if I forget all the cool skills that I put down on my original application?
- How can I sell myself without seeming too arrogant?
- What if they realize that I intend on using Machiavelli’s ‘The Prince’ as my guide for taking over the Nebraska VIVOS shelter?
- Do I tell them about Elizabeth and her “bean bag” problem, or should I just pretend she is completely housebroken?
- Do I ask about the quality of brightly colored clothing they are providing? I mean, I want to make sure that the fabric won’t chafe; but I don’t want to sound ungrateful for this generous donation.
I need to find the balance between survivor, mild mannered citizen, and despot. That is a really hard balance to project for 45 minutes over the phone to a group of people who believe the world is going to end soon. All suggestions are welcome and can be emailed to me before Saturday afternoon.
Something else I wanted to share is that the other day, my Confidential Note at the bottom of a post had quite a few people worried. I received a dozen or so messages from people asking me if the note was directed to them. My response to that is if you are worried enough to ask me, perhaps you need to adjust your behavior, regardless for whom the note was intended. Just sayin’!
That is all. Carry on.
PERSONAL NOTE: Hope today is a vomit-free day for you. Try Ginger Chews (the ‘candy’; not red-headed, non-Gentiles).
CONFIDENTIAL NOTE: ‘You’re beautiful. It’s true. I saw your face in a crowded place. And I don’t know what to do.’