“Got to be good-looking
'cause he's so hard to see
Right now over me” ~ “Come Together” by the Beatles
Boys can be so dumb sometimes. Before y’all get up in arms about man-bashing – I am not going to continue on that path. I just needed to share a ridiculous text exchange I had in the not-so-distant past, as an illustration of how ridiculous boys can be.
Boy: “This is the worst 'text sex' ever”Okay, now onto bigger and better topics. I thought we were going to have a guest blogger today – but it appears that will have to wait. It is ten days until my birthday. It is 32 days until my ‘reckless driving’ court date. I need to call my lawyer. Bloody Hell!
Girl Genius: “That’s because we are not having ‘text sex’; we are having a conversation”
My rental car is a Ford Focus. It was issued to me courtesy of Enterprise Rent-a-Car (who did not pick me up, by the way). This particular Enterprise office is interesting; because the staff is REALLY, REALLY friendly. In fact, they are so friendly that they encouraged me to call or e-mail them ANYTIME to let me know how the car is. I have been taking them up on that little offer. “The Enterprise Twins”, as I like to call them when they are not paying attention, have been receiving little daily e-mail updates all about the Ford Focus Adventure. Tomorrow’s update will definitely include a discourse on the amazing air conditioning system. It actually cools RIGHT AWAY. Like magic!
As far as my new car goes – I think I will try to buy a Honda Civic or a Mazda3. I have heard good things from drivers of both models and the auto magazines cannot compliment them enough! I have some specific requirements, however, which must be met before I purchase a car:
As long as these specifications can be met, we will have ourselves a new car, peeps!
- Not Silver – I hate silver cars. They are invisible on overcast days. My Ford Focus is silver - which is fine, because I do not want people to see me in it.
- ABS – anti-lock brakes are a necessity.
- Automatic tire-pressure monitoring – I am absolutely the worst at checking my tire air pressure.
- Un-American – this is not to say I hate the good ol’ USA. But the Americans cannot build a car that lasts over 100,000 miles. WTF?!?
- 4 doors – I refuse to explain this need.
- Standard transmission – I miss being able to shift gears and now that I am not in DFW rush-hour traffic, I can actually enjoy driving again.
SIDE NOTE: Tomorrow night, I really want to go to a movie. I wonder if I can find someone with whom to go. Hmmmmm. Think. Think. Think.
PERSONAL NOTE: You owe me an e-mail.