Yesterday, I changed my contacts – finally! I have 2-week extended daily wear disposable contacts. The pair I threw away yesterday had been in my eyes for 6 weeks. I wasn't even able to see out of them yesterday. It was like looking through a dirty window. Very gross!! One friend even had the kindness to say "you'll get an eye fungus." The thought of an eye fungus is no laughing matter – mushrooms sprouting from my cornea would be very unpleasant.
This morning – I woke up late to a ton of dog vomit at the end of the bed. And I LOVE to clean up dog vomit when I am running late for work. Hell, I LOVE cleaning it up any time. It is almost as fun as the liquid poo I was able to clean the previous two mornings. I think Ebie may have had a tummy ache. Just maybe, I mean, I am no vet – so I could be wrong. She may just like leaving me special surprises in the morning.
Anyway, I cleaned it up – then took her to doggy day care, where they immediately told me that she doesn't get her own "cabin" (a kind word for fenced in kennel) because she climbs the fence. Instead, she was locked up in the all glass "massage room", which made me think that they were going to whore out my dog. Thank goodness she is fixed. I don't need some unidentifiable breed of puppy to care for because my dog got knocked up at doggy day care.
But – now, I will drive across town, pick her up and delight in the fact that she is worn out AND freshly bathed. Tomorrow we move to our new house! YEA!!!! While it is true that the house has no working kitchen – or cable TV – it does have a bed, a functional bathroom, and a park across the street. So, we will delight in the little blessings. . .
PERSONAL NOTE: A big thank you goes out to one of my boys in San Diego for his very kind donation to the Breast Cancer 3-day!! So glad you don't break promises. xoxo -j