current state of mind: preoccupied
If this life is one act
Why do we lay all these traps
We put them right in our path
When we just wanna be free
~ “Living in the Moment” by Jason Mraz
I have been sleeping with more consistency. Granted, I am still tired all of the time; but, I believe we are finally beginning to win the war against insomnia. The meds I am taking to combat the daytime sleepiness are helping considerably, if for no other reason than the crash from them makes me extremely tired by early evening. Early evening tiredness means that I can generally fall asleep before midnight. As many of you know this is a huge improvement from 2008 when I was going 24+ hours between sleep sessions.
Recently I made a very big mistake. Unfortunately, it is one that cannot be remedied because the damage has already been done. I gave K-Shrub access to my Rhapsody account. She and “Little Dragonfly” took it upon themselves to make me a “Muuuuuyyyyyyy Triste” playlist. Granted, I should have known better than to trust her when she titled it in Spanish, making a reference to our “Sooooooo Sad” game. I agreed not to look at the playlist songs and just hit ‘Play’. Holy Moly!
I give her props for bringing me “way up” before sending me plummeting through the basement floor of emotional despair. The following facts should be noted before I share the entire playlist with y’all:
- The Canadian band, Moxy Fruvous, is my automatic “go-to” when I need a pick-me-up
- When the Bodyguard came out on VHS, I bought it and watched it over and over, sobbing every time.
- Britney Spears is my girl crush and always gives me a sense of empowerment when I listen to her.
- The theme song from Titanic, “My Heart Will Go On” makes me cry, even when I am in a good mood. I cannot even watch the trailer for "Titanic".
- My favourite album of all time is Blues Traveler’s FOUR.
- King of Spain by Moxy Fruvous
- Stay by Sugarland
- My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
- You Were Mine by Dixie Chicks
- I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
- Smile by Barbra Streisand
- Run-Around by Blues Traveler
- Starts With Goodbye by Carrie Underwood
- Womanizer by Britney Spears
Truly, I think the only thing she could have done to jack any more with my emotions would have been to include “Everything I Do, I Do It For You” by Bryan Adams from ‘Robin Hood Prince of Thieves’. Though I suppose two Kevin Costner movie references would have been too many. I triple dog double dare any of you to listen to these songs in this order and not feel like someone just threw you head first into one of those Sour Patch Kids commercials. Curses, K-Shrub, curses!
PERSONAL NOTE: Three days until the opera! Woot!
CONFIDENTIAL NOTE: I suppose you are correct in your assessment of the situation. I don’t care. I know what is best!